When you know a person's values and principles, you know what drives them.
Our work is driven by our beliefs that:
- Family is the foundation of society.
- Family business success is important to all of us.
- Ownership and management succession are inevitable – change will occur.
- Conflict is inevitable and all families will experience it. Most will benefit
from outside help.
- It is OK that some family members do not join or stay in the family enterprise.
- If you can only do one thing to secure your business, install effective
- Establishing clear business roles, rules, and responsibilities for family
members is critical.
- Building a strong self-esteem within heirs is important to long term success.
- Effectively leading a family enterprise requires clear boundaries between
family and business.
- The business should not be used to solve family problems.
- Families need to have an identity broader than their business or wealth.
- Business Rule #1 – No Surprises.
- Clear and effective communication is the hallmark of good leadership.
- Long term success requires common goals and shared values.
- To achieve happiness you must have something meaningful to do, something
to look forward to, and someone to love.
- Every business enterprise can be improved.
- Fair does not always mean equal.
- Enterprises that achieve long-term success adapt to change.
- The bottom line of life is never money or things.
- Work should be a positive and fun experience.